Corporate social responsibility or CSR is a critical part of the business strategy today, both for large and small businesses. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is now accepted as a means to achieve sustainable development of an organisation. Much of what is corporate social responsibility in other countries, such as good labour practices, environment-friendly processes and efficient corporate governance, is already incorporated into binding laws in India that businesses must follow. Companies Act, 2013 requires certain categories of companies to contribute 2% of their profits to CSR initiatives. This has led to a higher level of compliance requirement for companies. This has created new jobs and career opportunities for compliance professionals. The salary of CSR professionals is competitive and is at par with industry standards.
Do you know more than 16,000 companies in India are liable under law to spend 2% of their profits for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities? This has created many job opportunities for professionals with an expertise in CSR.
Do you know INR 6,337 crore was spent by Indian MNCs in 2014-15 for CSR activities? CSR experts are paid a high salary to create strategies that will optimally utilise the CSR budgets of companies.
Do you know that you can become an expert in CSR and can consult companies by pursuing it through online and distance education courses?
India Inc is finding it difficult to find trained CSR professionals who can help them in developing CSR strategies for optimal utilisation of the CSR funds. According to Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, more than 30,000 CSR professionals are needed to develop strategies, implement CSR projects and undertake compliance related to CSR. There is tremendous scope for consultants to provide consultancy services and guidance on business responsibility reporting to both small and large scale commercial ventures. The CSR regime is gradually evolving in India. Unfortunately, there isn't quality training material available for CSR in India.
National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata introduces a three-month Executive Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility that has been created by renowned CSR experts. It provides practical insights on various aspects of CSR and the work of CSR professionals.
- How can executives connect and create a win-win situation for the company through CSR?
- How can NGOs benefit from a broader understanding of CSR while collaborating with the companies?
- How can a professional facilitate and support as compliance expert or CSR monitor/auditor/consultant?
- How to create an effective CSR policy?
- How to develop effective CSR strategy?
- How to comply with Companies Act, 2013 and other laws?
- How to develop and plan a CSR project?
- How to implement CSR projects?
- How to write a CSR compliance report?
- How to conduct CSR audits?
- How to evaluate CSR project proposals submitted projects by third parties?
- How to monitor implementation of CSR projects?
How can you use these skill sets?
Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Accountants and other professionals can add huge value to their clients by:
- Providing advisory and consultancy services, high-level strategic advice on corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Conducting CSR audit and prepare compliance report
- Supervise or perform compliance under Companies Act, 2013.
- Develop strategies and prepare CSR policy keeping in mind the organisational branding and objectives.
- Building strategies to raise funds for NGOs utilising CSR funds
- First time in India, a National Law University is offering Executive Certificate course on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) - participants who will successfully complete the course will obtain a certificate from the University
- Course framed and will be taught by Dr. Debasis Bhattacharya and a team of leading experts on CSR higher learning initiative along with most prominent experts on CSR.
- Learn anytime and from any location - 24 x 7 access available on mobile and tablet devices and on the web.
- Learning materials comprise of video discussions with experts, animation, study materials, checklists. Access sample agreements and approval applications.
- Get doubts cleared within 24 hours over a discussion forum
- Interact with experts through live webinars.
- Certification will be based on performance in an online test which can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Lawyers, chartered accountants, company secretaries, NGO professionals, compliance officers, CXOs, In-house counsels, and law students.