Do you know the relevant labour laws for businesses of compliance and compliance management?
Can you deal with strategic uses of labour law tools and instruments for business goals?
Do you know the statutory compliances under key labour legislations?
How should you comply with the obligations to prevent sexual harassment at workplace?
How should you deal with labour authorities in cases of labour disputes?
Do you now the strategic procedures for checklists of key legislations?
Do you know the relaxations in labour law compliance requirements for small businesses?
Can you advise companies in being competitive through better labour relations?
How can you assess the steps that companies' managements can take to maintain harmonious industrial relations?
Maruti faced a revenue loss of Rs. 25 billion due to the three labour unrest and strikes. The cause behind this incident could have been averted with adequate compliance of labour legislations. With appropriate measures and statutory compliances, any company/startup/other organisations can avail relaxations towards the development of its businesses in a longer run. Therefore there is a need to understand the issues and challenges with labour unrest, collective bargaining, relations with the unions, etc.
In this context, there is an ever-expanding opportunity for professionals to acquire highly specialised skills in labour-related disputes and litigation. Further, this course will also provide you with an understanding of complex issues involved in this spectrum and as to how can you advise companies to mitigate labour disputes?
At law school, you only learn about basic concepts of labour legislations and its related disputes but this course will enable you to use these concepts for compliance of labour legislations which, in turn, reduce or even eliminate penalties/damages/fines/ that may be imposed by the government.
NUJS, Kolkata has launched a three-month certificate course in Industrial and Labour Laws for young law students, CA, CS, HRs, company executives, lawyers, MBA students, management consultants, businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc.
What will you learn in this course?
- How to comply with labour law legislations with adequate compliance management
- How to resolve and prevent labour disputes effectively.
- How to identify various implications of labour laws/policies which help the manufacturing industry and start-ups in getting government incentives.
- How to settle industrial disputes and welfare of workers
- How to ensure timely payment of wages, gratuity, bonus, overtime, compensation etc of the workers
- How to draft offer letters, structure pay packages, working conditions and employment benefits
Other feature of the course
- Learn anytime and from any location - 24 x 7 access available on mobile and tablet devices (Android) online.
- Faculty includes experts from the most reputed corporate law firms. Get doubts cleared in 24 hours.
- Learning materials comprise of video discussions with experts, animation, study materials, checklists. Access sample agreements and approval applications.
- Get doubts cleared within 24 hours over a discussion forum.
- Those who complete the course successfully will receive certification from NUJS, Kolkata - certification will be based on performance in an online test.
Industrial and factory managers, HR professionals, company secretaries, labour law practitioners, law students and lawyers who may work on labour and employment law related matters.