E-commerce revenues in India will increase by 5 times from USD 1.6 billion in 2012 to USD 8.8 billion in 2016.
Technology contracts worth $113 billion will be entered into in 2014 by Indian IT/ITES companies.
In 2013, cyber crime in India has increased by 173 % in comparison with 2010.
Information technology practice and technology litigation is fast emerging as one of the most lucrative practise areas. Lawyers and business consultants have immense opportunity to develop a thriving practice in the following sunrise industries:
- Social Media
- Data Security
- Cyber security
- Online reputation management
- Software licensing
- Software as A Service (SAAS) and Cloud Computing
These emerging industries need capable legal professionals and consultants, but there are few lawyers who know practical aspects of IT business, and most lawyers are unable to provide high quality legal support. One cannot become an effective IT lawyer just by studying the Information Technology Act. If you want to practice in this area, it is imperative to acquire a range of skills and industry perspectives. This course is built to fulfil this need. Learn to negotiate, draft and conduct IT due diligences. Acquire a deep understanding of the various IT industries and their legal needs.
Can you create legal strategy for technology disputes and technology-related risks?
Do you know the different business models that can be used by outsourcing vendors?
Do you know how IT contracts work? Can you draft a Master Services Agreement, End-User License Agreement, a payment gateway agreement or a cloud computing agreement?
Can you advise a technology business on legal compliances and due diligence and how to handle personal information?
Can you conduct an IT and IP audit for a software company?
Do you know the rules for presenting electronic evidence before a court, or how to obtain and defend against e-discovery orders from a court?
What is the legal recourse for victims of email and phishing scams in India?
NUJS introduces the Advanced Certification in Information Technology and Social Media Law, which, for the first time brings practical insights from top information technology lawyers, successful businessmen and experienced investors.
- How to handle cybercrime - legal actions and procedures
- How to enter into valid international transactions online, involving cross-border entities across multiple jurisdictions
- How to determine appropriate business structures for outsourcing and e-commerce ventures
- How to perform IT specific due diligence and compliance activities for online businesses
- How to mitigate and manage online reputational risks for organisations
How can you use this skillset?
Lawyers, Accountants, Company Secretaries and other professionals can add huge value to clients by:
- Providing advisory and consultancy services, high-level strategic advice on outsourcing industry, e-commerce ventures
- Negotiating and drafting technology related contracts
- Supervise or perform compliance and due diligence required to be maintained by e- commerce ventures and IT based businesses under Information Technology Act, 2000
- Businessman and startup entrepreneurs can use strategic insights for a competitive advantage against others, while employees can provide valuable insights to senior management.
Other features of the course:
- Learn anytime and from any location - 24 x 7 access available on mobile and tablet devices (Android) and on web.
- Faculty includes experts from the most reputed corporate law firms. Get doubts cleared in 24 hours.
- Learning materials comprise of video discussions with experts, animation, study materials, checklists. Access sample agreements and approval applications.
- Get doubts cleared within 24 hours over a discussion forum
- Those who complete the course successfully will receive certification from NUJS, Kolkata - certification will be based on performance in an online test.
Lawyers, chartered accountants, company secretaries, businessmen and IT entrepreneurs, consultants and self-employed professionals, law students, information technology professionals, MBA and BBA students, engineering students.