Can you advise someone in structuring the global operations of a business to save tax?
Do you know how to optimize tax liability for cross-border transactions?
Do you know how to use tax havens for high-value business transactions?
How can you save multinational companies from overlapping tax regimes of multiple jurisdictions?
How should you deal with tax authorities in case of international tax disputes?
What planning measures can you adopt in case of complex international transactions to minimize tax uncertainty?
Global corporations such as Apple, Google, Amazon and Facebook save billions in taxes due to effective tax structuring and tax planning. To mitigate tax liability, Google uses a complicated legal structure that has saved it $47.4 billion. Multinationals that have subsidiaries in various countries, including markets where they benefit from lax tax laws let them save an estimated $90 billion in federal income taxes each year. Further, 60% transactions across the world are between related party entities and involves transfer pricing.
In this context, there is an ever-expanding opportunity for professionals to acquire highly-specialised skills in international taxation advisory and litigation. Further, this course will also provide you with an understanding of complex issues involved in this spectrum and as to how can you advise companies to mitigate tax liabilities?
At law school you only learn about basic concepts of transfer pricing and international transactions and how transfer pricing is calculated but this course will enable you to use these concepts for structuring transactions and advise multinational corporations as to how can they save tax.
NUJS, Kolkata has launched a three-months certificate course in International Taxation and Transfer Pricing for young law students, CA, CS, lawyers, management consultants, businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc.
What will you learn in this course?
- How to apply advance tax planning strategies to unique cross-border structured financial product.
- How tax haven countries can help you mitigate your tax liability.
- How to interpret tax-treaties.
- How you can resolve disputes effectively in the field of international taxation.
- How to identify and resolve tax controversy issues at the time of structuring a transaction.
- How you can claim benefits under DTAA.
How can you use this skillsets?
Understanding of international taxation and transfer pricing can be useful in the following ways in one's professional/academic career:
Create strategies on structuring of cross-border transactions to reduce your overall tax bill. Expand your practice area in Advise businesses on how related party entities should carry business in accordance with the transfer pricing rules. Negotiating and drafting of advance pricing agreements.
Other features of the course
- Learn anytime and from any location - 24 x 7 access available on mobile and tablet devices (Android) and on web.
- Faculty includes experts from the most reputed corporate law firms. Get doubts cleared in 24 hours.
- Learning materials comprise of video discussions with experts, animation, study materials, checklists. Access sample agreements and approval applications.
- Get doubts cleared within 24 hours over a discussion forum.
- Those who complete the course successfully will receive certification from NUJS, Kolkata - certification will be based on performance in an online test.
Who are the typical audience for the course?
This course is specifically designed for young law students, CA, CS, lawyers, management consultants, businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc.